Sleep!
Well we are back on the east coast and I have been getting so much sleep, it is great! After hitting a wall after taking the red-eye back with Alexander from visiting my parents in CA, I decided we HAD to do something about the horrible sleep pattern that Alexander had. He was sleeping in my bed every night, waking up multiple times and he would wake me up constantly all night long. I also gave him a bottle whenever he woke up at 2am, 4am, etc... So. We decided that ALexander is going
to sleep in his own crib--all night! The first night he cried for 1.5 hours (we did go in avery 10 min, but never picked him up) The second and third night he cried for 1 hour, the 3rd night he cried for 40 minutes and last night he cried for only 3 minutes and slept through the night! So although I have always been "against" the cry it out method--it was time to do something about my lack of sleep---I am proud to report that he sleeps through the night in his own crib 7:30-7:15am..for now at least!
I posted a pic of Dan when he was a baby--so what do you think? Does he look like Alexander?
Here is a video if Alexander standing on his own for a few seconds...(I advise turning down the volume so you don't hear my shrill voice in the camera) :)

6 Comments:
Yay sleep! Yay standing! He's a little tree trunk. With a pink toothbrush. Loved the video. [more!more!]
that's great - he's standing so well! i think he was distracted by his pretty mommy when he looked your direction.
The video warms my heart. What a cutie patooty if I ever saw one. The pink toothbrush is an especially charming look with such a manly little fellow.
Sleep, sleep, what a wonderful ring that has to it...
Great video! In the pictures Dan and Alexander don't look alike to me but when he was staying here he often looked like a mini-Dan. Popi
Wow!!! How great that he is standing AND sleeping through the night. Great combo! I miss him (and my sis of course) already.
LOVE the video! What a cute stage and what a gorgeous - oops, I mean handsome - baby! We miss him - and you, too, of course! ;) Glad to hear you're both getting some sleep!
love you,
Aunt Kim
Post a Comment
<< Home