Friday, April 27, 2012

The Last Days...

We now have a scheduled c-section date of May 2, 2012. As I am looking around my messy bedroom I am reminded of all of the things that I should be doing right now to prepare..wash the new baby clothes, clean, arrange childcare for Alexander for the c-section, etc...but I am choosing to write this instead because I am tired and my mind is racing. I am trying to enjoy the last few days before our world is turned upside down and we become a family of four. Due to cholestasis, gestational diabetes, my history of having a very large baby and shoulder dystocia, the Dr wanted to deliver the baby at around 38 weeks. My guess is that this baby is much smaller than Alexander,if I was a betting woman I would guess right around 8.5-9lbs...I took a tour of Sutter Memorial yesterday while I had a NST...it is very old, dark and depressing. Sutter Davis facilities are so much better,but I feel more comfortable at Sutter Memorial due to having a high risk pregnancy. Am crossing my fingers for a private recovery room..lets just say my experience with Alexander in recovery was less than desirable. We are very excited to meet the new little guy and find out what he will be like. Dark and handsome like Dan? Fair with blue eyes like my side? Will he be strong-willed,energetic, active and outgoing like Alexander or relaxed and easygoing? Only time will tell.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Armstrong Brood said...

Definitely relaxed and easy going is my vote. And you are going to wonder why the heck you didn't pay $15K to have a c-section the first time. ;-)

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home