Friday, August 24, 2012

Alexander's First Day of Kindergarten!

 
 
 
 
 
 
Today was Alexander's first day of Kindergarten! I put his uniform and backpack out the night before and set my alarm for 6am. I didn't even need the alarm because Charlie woke up at 5:am. Alexander was very tired this morning when I woke him up at 7am. He asked to snuggle with me in bed. Dan stayed home with Charlie and we drove the 5 minute drive to school. Alexander played hopscotch and made friends with a little boy, Lucas by asking him if he wanted to race. Lucas was a little shy but soon they were running across the blacktop together. All 29 children,2 teachers, parents and grandparents filed into the classroom. Alexander's teacher,Mrs.Blocker greeted Alexander and gave him a name tag. He sat at his desk and said "Bye Mom" he obviously wasn't nervous! When I picked him up his white shirt was dirty and he had black smears from a ball across his face. He was tired. He said that he had a good day. He also reported a boy "wrestled him to the ground" and a girl got a timeout for talking. He also said that they prayed and it was so boring. No tears for Alexander but I cried when they were lined up and walking into the classroom. My little boy is growing up!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Armstrong Brood said...

Sooo funny about the prayer! He is hilarious. Glad he adjusted so well (though I'm not surprised)! Congrats, mama!!

8:14 PM  
Anonymous mom said...

Just catching up on this blog!!! Great pictures. I cannot, cannot believe he's old enough to be in kindergarten. So full of love and life.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just catching up too. I love it! Lisa

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Aunt Kim said...

You've shaped him into a confident little man, and readied him well. What a sweetie. Good job, Mama!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home