Two Weeks
Charlie is two weeks old! We are adjusting to life with two boys. I have to admit that I really don't like the fact that I can't give Alexander more attention. That is the thing that I like least right now, he can only gets 50% of what I used to give him. I feel like this is a disservice to him but then I have to think big picture and there are families with three, four, five and more children where their mothers can't possibly give each child 100% and they all turn out great...maybe the benefits of having siblings outweighs the lack of individual attention and maybe it is good for an only child not to always have 100% of the mother's attention...who knows. Today has been a bit challenging...Dan is out of town for work and won't be back until late tomorrow. It actually has been a pretty good day overall with a only a few snags. I got the OK from my Dr. to drive yesterday so I could drive Alexander to basketball this morning, then lunch, the park and the library. The only real hiccup was when Alexander got a bloody nose in the car while the baby was screaming from hunger (poor planning on my part) but this was mild and all part of having kids. I think overall we are doing pretty good for a two week family of four with the Dad out of town...if I do say so myself :)




1 Comments:
You have a fabulous role model in your own mom, who did such a good job giving you three attention, special time, encouragement, advocacy, and a sense of being loved and special. Sounds like you have things under control and are doing a wonderful job already! Love you!
Post a Comment
<< Home