Father's Day
Today is the first Father's Day since my dad died. It is bittersweet. I am sad that I can't give him a hug and take him out to brunch or go over to my parents' house for a late Sunday afternoon BBQ. I am sad that Dan and my dad cant share a beer together and chat about sports. I am sad that Alexander can't give Poppi a hug and a sparkly smile. I am sad that my dad never had the opportunity to meet Charlie. I am sad that I don't have a father to celebrate Fathers Day with. I am sad that Dan doesn't either. However, I am happy that I am married to Dan, who is a great father to my sons. Dan wrestles with Alexander, teaches him to play baseball and hockey, takes him to church on Sundays, reads to him before bed, makes him breakfast and takes him with him on the weekends to clean the cars and mow my parents' lawn. Dan takes the 1am shift to feed Charlie a bottle, changes the worst diapers and takes him on walks down the street at night when he is fussy. Today I will remember the great and happy memories with my father and celebrate and make new memories with my husband and sons.


2 Comments:
Yes, Father's Day has been passed on to the next generation, hasn't it? The way Mother's Day did when Nana died. I'm glad you have such a good husband and father of your children. He, like Shiloh and Richie, are worthy recipients of the baton that has been passed on to them. We are very blessed.
Amen, Cousin!
Post a Comment
<< Home