In My Heart
In Our Hearts
© Rose de Leon
We thought of you with love today,
But that is nothing new.
We thought about you yesterday.
And days before that too.
We think of you in silence.
We often speak your name.
Now all we have is memories.
And your picture in a frame.
Your memory is our keepsake.
With which we’ll never part.
God has you in his keeping.
We have you in our heart.
But that is nothing new.
We thought about you yesterday.
And days before that too.
We think of you in silence.
We often speak your name.
Now all we have is memories.
And your picture in a frame.
Your memory is our keepsake.
With which we’ll never part.
God has you in his keeping.
We have you in our heart.




4 Comments:
Here you go, making me cry again. Such sweet pictures. Never read the poem before so I read it three times and each time brought more tears. Can't wait for the grand reunion!
What a nice poem, and what great pictures. I was missing him tonight so it was nice to see new pictures of him here.
Wonderful pictures, wonderful poem, wonderful memories, wonderful man.
We miss him, too, and Dale... somehow those two remain linked ...
and yes, "Can't wait for the grand reunion."
and yes, this made me cry again too!
Thank you for the poem and photos. Of course it made me cry too. Today I was reviewing documents for work at a consultant office and there were a bunch of old, musty construction plans and it just made me think of Dad. And that he isn't here anymore and it about took my breath away and of course I started tearing up. Then I read your post and it gave me some comfort...
Post a Comment
<< Home